Fire Hose Proper Care and Handling Recommendations
All-American Hose products are built to meet the highest quality specifications for superior performance and durability. The following everyday care and handling recommendations will help to ensure a long service life from your product.
- All hose should be kept out of direct sunlight in a well-ventilated location, and should be drained and thoroughly dried before storage.
- When rolling coiled hose, be sure male coupling is on the inside to avoid thread damage.
- Any hose stored in a hose bed should be loaded by laying the hose flat—never on its edge or fold. Lay the hose across the bed in alternating layers, rather than loading one row of hose all the way to the top of the hose bed.
- Hose should be removed and reloaded on the hose bed at least once every six months to allow for visual inspection.
- Avoid dragging hose along its edge or fold, as this causes excessive abrasion of the outer jacket.
- Never drive over the hose unless it is bridged and the vehicle has sufficient ground clearance to cross the bridged hose.
- Maximum advised operating/working pressure should not exceed 90% of the Service Test pressure, which is stenciled on the hose.